Friday, August 1, 2008

Weekend beauty on the go, go, go!

Thank God it's Friday! Woo hoo! Are you ready for the weekend!

I am. I am also on the go, go, go! If you don't travel alot, then this may not pertain to you. But, for those of us with toddlers, busy lives, work that is constantly moving, there has got to be a way to sane and keep yourself organized.

Here's a makeup artist secret to portable beauty:
1. 2 tubes of mascara: 1 for your purse, and one for your vanity
2. Stain/gloss combo such as Kimiko which was featured last week. The stain can be used to color lips and cheeks, then slick on the gloss.
3. A compact powder foundation with a retractable brush for application. Why the extra tool? Because the dirty little sponge pad hidden in the belly of the compact is nasty. Unless you put a fresh one in their daily, or wash it, you and I both know it's a hot bed of germs that are continually wiped, over and over your face then stuffed into the warm cubby below the product like a petri dish culture. Just waiting to grow some fungus and wait for a chance to slide past your eyes, nose and mouth. Gross.

Use a retractable brush, for heavey coverage, stipple a brush load on, for a light coverage, just swirl it on.

I keep a dual ended jumbo crayon in my purse makeup bag: one side to highlight brow bone, top of cheek bone and the corner of the eye at the nose, then the other darker side is for lining and contouring.

That, is my personal purse makeup bag contents along with a few choices in lip gloss. If I am at work, ( where I have my professional kit but I don't mix it with my personal stuff due to hygiene issues!) at my son's school, going to a pool party, or leaving for location, my personal bag is ready for anything. There is also: a mini eyedrop, toothbrush and paste, and a comb with some hair pins. Literally, ready for anything.

To finish the secret: what is in the bag stays in the bag. No taking it out and mixing it up. By keeping it stocked all the time, there is never a rush or a worry about forgetting something.

It's the same way I keep my professional kit. I always reset it immediately after a gig so it is always ready to go.

Now, the toddler bag is a whole other story...
Enjoy your weekend and I hope you have a chance to practice beauty on the go!

Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty for brides who would rather spend the money on cake!