Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What to do when your eyelid is more like a knee cap

Har har har! You laugh! So do I, and then a sobering moment when I realize that I personally, have very large eyes ( think Marty Feldman ) and alot of eyelid skin that is frankly, quite similiar to a knee cap.

I deal with creasing shadow and moving eyeliner even when I use products that say " they don't crease". Right.

Okay, so if you too have this type of eye, here is some help:

1. Preparing the lid with a primer can help smooth the palette of your lid to apply shadow to. If you don't want to buy the extra product, then using a small synthetic brush and concealer can also create a smoothness.

2. Use a creme eyeshadow because it does crease.
What you say? Yes, use a cream because as your body heat and eyelid folds move the shadow around, you can easily use a clean ring finger or shadow brush to move the more malleable product back into place.

3. Save your most dramatic and detailed shadow wearing for short lived events of photoshoots. The less time the amazing eye makeup has to last, the better chance you have of it not creasing on you and spoiling your beauty focused event!

4. Brides who have knee caps for lids: keep the eyemakeup simple or application really close to the nuptials.

Part of the challenge of the large lid is that when you apply eyeliner and the eye swells a bit, then the line moves up. Looking like you lined your eye in the middle. Even though you didn't!

So this is a main reason why I rarely wear a heavy line on top. If it's a thick liquid cat style, sure because the swelling of the lid will have so much liner on it that the movement isn't as noticeable.

For knee cap eye lid eye liner: use a small stiff shadow brush, doesn't matter if it is narrow, slant tip or square; what does matter that you smudge a broad line of shadow working from the outside corner in.

Now, for style, you can line over the smudgy eyeshadow line to create more definition on the eye.

I hope this helps you fellow large lid ladies. I'm asked alot how I do my own eyes, and I can honestly answer that on a daily basis I am a brows/mascara and what ever color went on my cheeks goes through the center of my lid and I call it done makeup wearer in my every day life due to the nature of my very busy toddler.

If I have more than two minutes to get makeup on, I will smokey smudge my eyeliner to go with my very heavy mascara that I wear everyday, rain or shine!

If you have any questions about your own makeup, please don't hesitate to write!
Good luck!
Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty for brides who would rather spend the money on cake!

















src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_buynow_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">