Monday, December 22, 2008

The fix up cut report

TotalBeauty.com
Best and Worst Neutrogena Products

From streaky self-tanners to oil-zapping facial scrubs, these reviews tell all

Neutrogena is a drugstore fave, and who among us didn't reach for their products during our acne-prone teen years? The brand has many standouts in the skincare, sunscreen and hair categories -- and a fair share of duds. See which to buy and which to avoid according to TotalBeauty.com members.

See products

The Four Worst: No. 4: Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning Sunless Spray, $10.99

TotalBeauty.com average member rating: 5.2*

What they said: "I was so streaky and a mess that it was embarrassing ..."

No. 3: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers, $11.59

TotalBeauty.com average member rating: 5.2*

What they said: "It covered absolutely nothing and it ended up making my skin look greasy ..." -- Chipie, TotalBeauty.com member

The 16 Best: No. 16: Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Age Shield Sunblock, $9.99

TotalBeauty.com average member rating: 9*

What they said: "It sinks in to your skin within minutes of putting it on and has a silky feel, so it's easy to put makeup on over it ..." -- LK8888, TotalBeauty.com member

Want to see the rest of the best and the worst? Click here!


See this sign? I pulled it out from behind the smaller frame in front of it. That's where the return/exhcange policy is posted. If you were not specifically looking for it, (and actually, who goes in for a hair cut expecting to return or exchange?) you would not have found it.
This is a very tired me going in early for the "fix up cut" from Tempe marketplace Arizona Hair Co. store manager Star Flores. She has the amazing task of fixing the hack job that Sherina Smith did. Since Sherina did such a bad job cutting my hair the first time ,I couldn't trust her to do any better a second. So I went for Star's styling ability.
It didn't take too long, Star was lovely and my hair has been cut. The unqualified and incompetent stylist Sherina was there and didn't say anything. Well, that's professionalism. In the world of etiquette, a polite " sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for coming back to Arizona Hair Co" would have been appropriate.

Now...I can't say what the fix up cut looks like because I haven't washed and dried it, with styling myself. Plus, I have a new tattoo on the inside of my elbow and it's in the healing phase meaning I can't straighten my arm enough to actually do my hair.

As I find out more, I'll let you know. In the meantime, it's a 50/50 dicey situation; either you can go and use your coupon and hope for the best, or you can keep using who you go to for hair services. Enjoy these final days of shopping and Merry Christmas too you!
Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty for brides who would rather spend the money on cake!