Wednesday, March 3, 2010

An American in Paris or is it Paris in my American skincare?

These budget-friendly skincare and makeup routines will have you looking flawless 24-7
Can Cheapie Drugstore Products Give You Million-Dollar Skin? Yes!
Money canĂ¢€™t buy love ... or a flawless face. However, these affordable buys can set you on a path to gorgeous! We've got the best ways to save money on every part of your routine, from cleansing to powdering.

Hello gorgeous and thank you for visiting today. May I share with you a bit about the La Roche Posay new line of cleansers called Physiological cleansers?
I'm a fan of their products and they are very french, from France and just visit their website to see the scope and level of dedication they have to skin care.

Why I tease with the title "An American in Paris" versus Paris in my bathroom while I do my skin routine is because there is something different in our skincare when it comes to Europe and the United States.
Many French skincare lines have cleansers that do not require rinsing due to the lack of available water at the time the buildings were made. Hence this is why you see so often the pitcher and basin bowl for washing up in still life artwork.

I just received a sample from LaRoche-Posay called Micellar Solution. It's for extra gentle cleansing without water.  It's a 3-1 cleanser, toner and makeup remover. 

Micelles defined is a process of the cleaning solution micro-encapsulating dirt on the skin surface and lifting it up without rubbing. It's a no need to rinse off, but wipe-off formula. 

It can be used daily to cleanse the skin, tone it, and leavea calm, fresh and pure feeling.
It retails for $18. 

Great. Now that you have the details, may I share my experience? I was having Christian Dior and Chanel skin care flash backs: but I tried it and did like it. Yes, my facial makeup and eyeshadows were removed and yes, my skin felt clean, good squeaky clean but not tight and dry.

Yet, it did not remove my Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe mascara. After some rubbing and the loss of a lash, I switched back to my normal eye makeup remover from Arbonne International and then gave my face one more quick swipe of a cotton pad loaded with the Micellar solution.

Final answer: does it work? Yes. Worth it? Yes. Especially if you travel, fly, boat, camp, or need a quick change of face makeup between work and going out.  Just know that mascara may need to be left to your specific eye makeup remover or use a non-tar laden brand.

Remember to visit : http://www.laroche-posay.us/ to find out more and locate a retail outlet near you! Enjoy!